Where We Meet & How To Join
Where We Meet
The Austin Fly Fishers meets on
the 3rd Thursday of each month, from 7:00 to 9:00 PM at The
Northwest Recreation Center,
Northland Dr (aka FM 2222), Austin TX. If you show up a
little early, you
will often find some of our fly tiers busy at their craft. At the
we usually have an expert speaker who will share tips or
techniques for fly fishing, or let us know
about conservation issues or great fishing spots, both near home and
around the globe. Everyone is welcome, regardless of experience!
How to Join
The only "requirement" for membership is that you be interested in the sport of fishing, and in particular flyfishing. If you do not know anything about flyfishing, but are interested in learning, we are the club for you. We have members that are very interested in sharing their knowledge and expertise with you. Why pay for fly fishing classes including fly casting and fly tying when you can gain all that knowledge at our gatherings for free? And to top that, we have a monthly outing where you can try your newly gained knowledge!! What a deal!! Read on.........
Membership in the Austin Fly Fishers includes the monthly newsletter. Membership in the Federation of Flyfishers includes the quarterly publication The Flyfisher as well as the Southern Council of Fly Fishers newsletter, the Long Cast.
Other benefits of membership
- Educational opportunities to learn or to improve your casting and fly tying skills
- Regular outings that provide insight into great fishing opportunities as well as a chance to try new tips, techniques, and strategies while enjoying the fellowship of other local anglers
- Programs tailored specifically for women and young anglers
- Programs focusing on warm water and saltwater as well as coldwater fish species
- An annual banquet featuring some of the most recognized leaders in the sport and a live auction with chances to bid on trips, gear, lessons, and more
- A monthly newsletter focusing on local and regional issues, events and opportunities
- The Austin Fly Fishers website, with the latest tips on where the
fish are biting, as well as current trip, meeting and event information
To join the club, send your name, address and phone number, along with your check to:
Austin Fly Fishers
P.O. Box 10504
Austin, TX 78766-0504
Membership forms can be found by clicking the links below. The waiver form must be included when joining the club or renewing your membership. The Austin Fly Fishers is a charter club under the national Federation of Fly Fishers (FFF). Membership in the national club is required along with membership in the local club. Members renewing their membership are responsible for handling the renewal of national dues.
You can also use PayPal to renew your club membership. Remember to keep your membership in the Federation of Fly Fishers up-to-date as well.